Recipe: Yummy Tamarind Chutney

Tamarind Chutney. Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Tamarind chutney is a sweet & sour condiment made with tamarind, salt, jaggery & spice powders. The first one is for making chaats and the second one is for serving with snacks like samosas, pakora etc.

Tamarind Chutney I've already shared my recipe for cilantro mint chutney here on the blog and so it's about time I share this tamarind chutney recipe as well. After all, these two chutneys are always served together. This exotic sweet and sour chutney is a delicious condiment. You can have Tamarind Chutney using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.

Ingredients of Tamarind Chutney

  1. Prepare 1 cup of Tamarind.
  2. It's 1/2 tsp of Brown Sugar.
  3. Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
  4. It's 1 tsp of Chilli Flakes.

This chutney can be called the ketchup of the east! Tamarind chutney is delicious with samosas, pakoras, drizzled over dahi vada, bhel poori, and any kind of chat. This is also delicious as a dipping sauce for French fries, as a spread over crackers, a zesty addition to a rice dish, and even as a veggie dip. Heat water over medium-high heat until just boiling.

Tamarind Chutney instructions

  1. Sub say pehlay tamarind ko water may soak Kar dein 30 minute Kay liay.
  2. Phir us may say us Kay seeds remove Kar dein or us paste ko boil karen 3-4 minute.
  3. Or phir Chutney ready ho Jaye gi or phir serve karen.

Add in tamarind concentrate and stir until completely incorporated. Add jaggery, salt, cayenne, cumin, and ginger. I really love sweet tamarind chutney, and I've had a hard time finding one that resembles the chutney my favorite Indian restaurant makes. This is the closest recipe I've found. I found it on the internet, but can't remember where exactly it came from. tamarind chutney recipe

Comments